Friday, February 24, 2012

Love, Again author Autumn Jones Lake




 It's my pleasure to have fellow Love again author. She is here today to tell us a bit about herself and her story This Time it’s Different.

 
Over the next few weeks I'll be interviewing each author (besides myself) here on the blog.their.




Autumn, tell us about yourself:

Let’s see…I’m self-employed which I enjoy because my boss is awesome! It’s also hard because I only have one employee. I won the husband lottery. I can’t imagine life without him. We have four rescue dogs so life is never dull. I love to travel, read, write, listen to music and see my favorite bands live.

How did you select your pen-name?

It’s a combination of my favorite season, a family name and the English translation of my name. When I showed my husband the book cover it took him three tries to guess which one was me! Then he said “duh, that should have been obvious!”

Do you prefer?

Milk Chocolate or Dark?

Dark – I try to eat a square every day!

Coffee or Tea?

Tea

Vodka or Tequila?

Neither

Romance or a Thriller?

Hmmm… This one is tough. I love both. Today I am going to say Romance!

Mystery or Horror?
Again, I love both. But my heart belongs to horror. I love horror movies, books, you name it!

 

Did you always want to be an author?

Yes and no. I’ve always been writing something. Short stories, poetry (bad teen angsty poetry that makes me cringe now!) But, I never necessarily thought about publishing any work until the last few years. It takes a lot for me to muster up the courage to show my work to anyone.


What authors had an impact on you growing up and as an adult?

Christopher Pike, Dean Koontz, V.C. Andrews, John Grisham,  – I read a lot of their work as a teenager.
More recently, Charlaine Harris, Annabel Joseph, Kitty Thomas, J.R. Ward, …I’m horrible at remembering names, but those few stand out.  I was lucky enough to meet Charlaine Harris last year and she was very inspiring.


Did anyone in your life influence you or encourage you to be a writer?

My parents. Especially my mother, she was a writer and an English teacher. She wrote for a local paper when I was little and I remember tagging along with her on different assignments. Reading, writing, languages were all very important to her so I grew up with an appreciation for words. My father came to this country as an adult and worked very hard to learn the language. He probably speaks it better than I do. In fact, it’s still not uncommon for him to correct my grammar or spelling now and then!

What is your writing atmosphere like?

It’s really easiest for me to write late at night. I’ve always been a night owl. I like to stick in my earbuds and listen to my Ipod with two of my dogs snoring away next to me.

What is your favorite aspect of writing? Your least favorite?

I am always coming up with all these crazy ideas, so I love just getting them out. Just getting in the zone and letting it all flow.

Least favorite: Finishing something! I’m great at coming up with ideas, but it’s tough for me to really sit and work out stuff to completion. I have an idea of where I want things to go in my head and I hate when I have a hard time getting it out!
 


What drew to the Love, Again Anthology?

I loved the idea of two people getting back together after taking some time to explore who they were outside of the relationship. I think the submission call mentioned high school sweethearts, and I liked that aspect of a couple who had dated as teenagers getting back together as adults.

How did you decide on your story plot?

The inspiration actually came from an advice column I read awhile ago.


How did you choose your characters names and location for your story?

I honestly don’t know. It just pops in my head and if I like it, I stick with it.



This Time it’s Different by Autumn Jones Lake

Sydney Cooper and Maddox Lyons were high school sweethearts, planning to be together forever. Once Maddox’s dreams of music stardom start to come true, he leaves Sydney behind with a broken heart. Four years later, they meet up and sparks fly, but Sydney doesn’t want to be hurt again. How can Maddox convince her This time it’s different?




Love, Again is available


No comments:

Post a Comment