Thursday, November 17, 2011

Meet the Author... Ella Jade



Today I'm hosting Ella Jade on my blog. Let's get know the woman behind the books.








Tell us about yourself:
 
I'm a SAHM to two active boys who keep me really busy. For as long as I can remember the plots and dialogue have always played out in my head but I never knew what to do with them. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry. Now that my boys are in school full-time, I can devote my days to writing. When I'm not writing, I'm attending PTO meetings, kickboxing and scrapbooking. I live in NJ with my husband and kids.



Do you prefer


Milk chocolate or Dark?
 
Milk

Coffee or tea?
I'm not really into hot drinks. I'm 38 and I've never had a cup of coffee. If I have to have one, I usually go with a Vanilla Chai from Dunkin Donuts.

Vodka or tequila?
 
I'm a Martini girl, so flavored vodka.

Romance or a Thriller?
 
Romance and lots of it!

Mystery or Horror?
 
Mystery, but I do love a good horror movie.

Did you always want to be an author?
 
Yes, so as long as I can remember. As a child, I always had a pen and notebook with me.


What authors had an impact on you growing up and as an adult?
 
As a young adult, I found Stephen King and I never stopped reading him. He has a fascinating past when it comes to selling his work and getting into the business. He's very inspiring to me. As an adult, I read  lots of Nora Roberts. I love how she can create all of those characters. Many of them stay with me long after I'm finished the book.


Did anyone in your life influence you or encouraged you to be a writer? 
 
I just always knew I was meant to write. I didn't necessarily think I could be published but I had a passion for writing. My characters inspire me to get the story told. When they talk, I listen.

What is your writing atmosphere like?
 
I need total silence. Right now, I'm set up in my dining room, but that doesn't always work. I'm thinking of converting part of the basement for an office. My kids aren't thrilled that I may be taking over half the playroom. lol



What is your favorite aspect of writing? Your Least Favorite?
 
Creating and developing the characters. I love coming up with new and exciting ways to bring the two main characters together. One of my favorite things to do is develop the back story of each character. Everybody has a story and I HAVE to tell it. lol My least favorite part is coming up with all those new and creative ways for the characters to have sex. There are only so many ways to do it and I think I've written them all, but I keep trying! 




Your current book  your promoting is:



 
The Lonely Dominant is a BDSM romance. Here's the blurb...
 
 
Successful businessman Alec Carter realizes his life is less than fulfilled when he meets beautiful Princeton University senior Clara Whittaker at a local coffee shop. Alec experiments in the BDSM lifestyle but doesn't consider himself hardcore until he crosses paths with the obviously submissive Clara. The more time Alec spends with young Clara, the more his dominant tendencies push to the surface. She could be what has been missing.
After her grandmother's death, Clara ends up a guest in Alec's home until she can finish school. She quickly learns she's a natural submissive and decides she wants to explore this new side of herself with the man of house. Alec shows her a life she never knew existed as they enter into a world of role playing, fantasy, and desire. Alec may be the Master, but Clara holds the key to his heart. 
As the semester comes to an end, so does their arrangement. If Alec doesn't admit his true feelings for Clara, she could walk out of his life forever. But, Alec isn’t sure which she craves more . . . his dominance . . . or his love.
.



Would you like to win a free copy of The Lonely Dominate?

Just leave a comment with your email address and tomorrow Ella will pick a random winner.


Connect with Ella Jade online at ellajadeauthor.blogspot.com, Facebook, and Twitter.









2 comments:

  1. I am really excited about this book and can not wait to read. I am very happy for you and wish you the best on your next adventure.

    Piperann_25@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ella - This was a great interview. Nice to learn more about you. Keep up the good work!

    Elise Massad

    ReplyDelete