Friday, March 2, 2012

Interiew with Love, Again author Mel Kendall




It's my pleasure to have fellow Love, Again author Mel Kendall. She is here today to tell us a bit about herself and her story Life in Suitcases
 
Over the last few weeks I've been interviewing each author (besides myself) here on the blog. Lets' get to know Mel...






Tell us about yourself:

I am a 36-year-old stay home Aussie mum. I have one son who is 3. When I’m not writing I work part-time as a Software Support Consultant and I also do some book cover design work.


How did you select your pen-name?

My Penname is my actual name I don’t write under a pseudonym.



Do you prefer?


Milk Chocolate or Dark? Oh that is a hard decision can I choose both.

Coffee or Tea? Neither but Tea in a pinch

Romance or a Thriller? Most definitely Romance

Mystery or Horror? Mystery all the way. Horror is just not my thing at all.

Did you always want to be an author?

No actually, when I was in my teens I wrote a lot of lyrics and wanted desperately to be a song writer. Over the years writing has mainly been a hobby but since I had my son I have found a passion for it.

What authors had an impact on you growing up and as an adult?
The only author I remember being really addicted to when I was a child was J.R.R. Tolkien. As an adult there are just too many books to think about but I think those that had the most impact are Stephanie Meyer, Christopher Paolini and JK Rowling.  


Did anyone in your life influence you or encouraged you to be a writer? (teacher, family member, friend) Not really it has always been a part of me I kept hidden, until now of course.


What is your writing atmosphere like?
I like peace and quiet. The best times to write for me are after midnight.



What is your favorite aspect or writing? Your least favorite?

My favourite thing about writing is when it all comes together. My least favourite thing is writers block.



What drew to the Love, Again Anthology?

I had a piece that had come to me a while ago, that I just knew would fit the theme so I sent it in and then hoped.



How did you decide on your story plot?

I don’t tend to decide on a story plot they just come to me at the most random inopportune times and then they don’t leave me alone until I write them down.



How did you choose your characters names and location for your story?

I have two ways that I choose names. Sometimes I will pick a personality trait then Google names that mean that. Or I will just Google the top baby names for a certain year and then pick one I like. As for location, I usually pick US locations because people relate to them better and I am lucky that I have travelled a lot and seen a lot of the US so I am familiar with a lot of the cities.









Life in Suitcases by Melissa Kendall


Elise’s childhood is seemingly perfect until one tragic event changes everything. Moved to a children’s home she meets Anthony and they become friends. Fate sets them on separate paths. How will they do on their own? Will they find love?


Love, Again is available


No comments:

Post a Comment