Friday, March 9, 2012

Book Spotlight: Slack Tide by Vanessa Barger









My name is Cornelius Latimer, and I have fallen in love.
The object of my affection isn’t tall and blonde with all the right curves.  It isn’t even human.  My love belches steam and breathes fire.  My world runs on steam and hard metal, and I am a master of both.  My Uncle, Rufus Harrison, has funded my expeditions.  He’s gifted me with a lab containing all the parts and space I could possibly need.  For weeks I have been toiling over my journals, crafting my biggest and best creation yet.  It’s heady, this feeling of power.  But I made a fatal error.  I told a friend about my machine.  And now someone who should not know, does.  I should tear everything apart, but I can’t.
Love does strange things to people.









I am a Young Adult author who teaches high schoolers all about technology education (and yearbook!) in rural Virginia along the Chesapeake Bay. I am the owner slave to one cat, Molly, who looks a little like a cow when she gets a haircut, and write in my free time. I am actively involved in the YA Fiction Fanatics critique group, which is dedicated to helping its members produce the best MG and YA novels they can write. I’m also a member of the SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators).
I’ve currently finished six manuscripts, and I’m working on several more. I love writing, and my goal is to be able to do this full time someday – or at least as a published author enjoy it as a second job. I’m always open to talking with readers (because I’m one of those too!) about not just my books, but books in general. I also love long walks on the beach discussing Shakespeare while sipping large fruity drinks with little umbrellas.

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads

1 comment: