Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love Again author Sabrina Luna




 It's my pleasure to have fellow Love again author Sabrina Luna. She is here today to tell us a bit about herself and her story Crazy for You.
 
Over the last few weeks I've been interviewing each author (besides myself) here on the blog. L3ets' get to know Sabrina.




Tell us about yourself:  
My name’s Sabrina Luna and I currently live in Charlotte, North Carolina.  When I’m not busy, I enjoy meeting up with my “geek” friends for movies & munchies, haunting bookstores and creating art.

How did you select your pen-name?   
It’s made up from my birth name (Sabrina) and the last part of an old internet screen name (Luna).  It’s very special to me & I call it my ‘soul’ name because, to me, it reflects who I am.



Do you prefer?


Milk Chocolate or Dark?  I love both! 

Coffee or Tea?  I love coffee (all kinds) & also enjoy a good iced tea made with Green Tea & lemongrass & mint –Mmmm!

Vodka or Tequila?  I’m not big on either one, but I do enjoy a splash of whiskey in my coffee now and then.

Romance or a Thriller?  I enjoy both!  To me, if it’s a good story, it’ll make your heart race, either way!

Mystery or Horror?  I’m not big on horror, but a good mystery will get me hooked.



Did you always want to be an author? 
 I love books!  I love stories!  I love libraries!  So, the answer is yes!  To me, having your name on a book is a bit of immortality because, long after you’re gone, your stories will hopefully be read by others for years to come.  J 



What authors had an impact on you growing up and as an adult?  
 Growing up I read Walt Disney fairy tales and enjoyed the Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys mystery series.  I became an even bigger reader in my adult years when I discovered erotic romance & urban fantasy.  I enjoy such authors as Neil Gaiman, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Angela Knight, Laurell K. Hamilton & Jim Butcher, to name just a few.



Did anyone in your life influence you or encouraged you to be a writer?
 My parents were both big readers, so I was very encouraged to read by them.  Later, I was blessed to have several teachers who encouraged me (even though I did get in ‘trouble’ for writing in class instead of doing my class assignments).  Plus, after attending my first sci-fi convention, I was inspired by all the authors there and learned a lot from hearing them speak about the writing craft.  Later, I joined a local RWA group which gave me further inspiration & information.  All these wonderful folks have inspired me in many ways in my writing ventures!




What is your writing atmosphere like?  
 I have an office in the house where I can sit down, surrounded by shelves of books & a cup of coffee within arm’s reach, and write.  I don’t write longhand anymore, but will jot down notes or outlines on paper.  I find it so much easier to use my computer now and a good Word program with spell-check. 



What is your favorite aspect or writing? Your least favorite?  My favorite aspect is when I get into the ‘flow’ of a story and it carries me through until the end.  My least favorite aspect is waiting to receive the final product, either the ebook or print version. 




What drew to the Love, Again Anthology?

I love the idea of finding love again.  It’s that whole second (maybe even third or fourth) chance to allow someone special into your life & heart.  Yeah, I’m such a romantic!  LOL!


How did you decide on your story plot? 
 It’s a basic idea I’d had for a while and when I started outlining the story, it flowed and writing it came easy.  So, I knew I was suppose to tell this story.




How did you choose your characters names and location for your story?
   I often get a ‘vibe’ on character names, plus the location is the current city I live it and surrounding areas, even though some of the places are fictional.  But the location is based on Charlotte because it’s an enjoyable, interesting city to live in.






Crazy for You by Sabrina Luna

Shawn Flint wants to rekindle the spark between him and Erica Kelly when he surprises her by flying in for his stepsister’s wedding.  But Erica is still cautious and wants to keep their affair a secret.  Can Shawn overcome her protest and convince her that he is totally crazy for her?



Love, Again is available

No comments:

Post a Comment