Saturday, January 21, 2012

At the Beach... Waves of Desire Part 3










Here is part 3 of Waves of Desire ...









We strolled down the sidewalk of the little town stopping in a few shops. I bought Blake a rope necklace with a shark tooth attached. He laughed as I placed it around his neck.

“I bought you something also.” He handed me a bag. “Open it.”

I reached in and pulled out a beautiful shell necklace. “It’s beautiful! Will you put it on me?”

“Of course.”

I turned around and handed him the necklace. I felt him move my hair to the side. A small moan escaped my lips as his mouth placed light kisses on my neck before he placed the necklace around it and fastened it. I turned in his arms, and our lips met. I quickly pulled away, remembering we were on the sidewalk outside the store.

“Behave! We’re in public.”

He laughed. “Let’s head to the restaurant.”

We walked toward the restaurant holding hands. We were having such a great time. I didn't want to go home tomorrow and back to reality. What if the love we rekindled here vanished as soon as the routine and demand of our lives took back over?

When we reached Martino's, the waitress sat as us at a cozy table, and we ordered a bottle of wine.

“Brenda, what's wrong?”

How did he always know when something was bothering me. “It's nothing really.”

“Please tell me.”

“I was just thinking about going home tomorrow. We've grown so close over the past few days that I'm afraid the spell will be broken the moment we are back to reality.”

“Brenda, I promise that won't happen. We came so close to losing everything, and I'll never let our marriage take a back seat to work and life again.”

“Me either. I can't go back to living that way.”

He picked up my hand, brought it to his mouth and placed a light kiss over my wedding ring.

“I was thinking we could make this trip a yearly thing.”

“Blake, really?” I squealed.

“Yes, and I plan on making the most of our last night here.” He winked, and I was just about to make a sexy remark when our food came. We ate and drank our wine. The food was truly incredible.


We arrived back at our bungalow and sat out on the deck talking, laughing, and sipping the bottle of wine we picked up in town.

"It’s a beautiful night. Let’s go for a swim,” I suggested.

"Great idea, Babe."

We changed into our suits and headed for the water.  



to be continued...

I'll be wrapping up this story next Saturday!


Here are the participating authors:










picture found on http://scotthayneblog.com/sandbridge-virginia-beach-mitch-caitlin-trash-the-dress/

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I can't wait to see how it ends:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blake and I are having the time of our lives!

      Delete
  2. Awww, looking forward to the end to see what happens for these two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what Blake has planed for the evening ;)

      Delete